Had a real bludge day in the end yesterday. I hung around the hostel until about 11 chatting with people then finally went out and wandered around the shops, bought a few things and then sat in the sun and had lunch at a cafe (three courses for €9 - hard to beat). After lunch I couldn´t be bothered anymore and went back to the hostel for a siesta. I went up to the roof and laid on the deck chair in the sun for a few hours then, when it started to get cool, went downstairs to the room and laid in bed and read for awhile. Finally got up and had a shower and went downstairs and hung out in the kitchen and had a chat with whoever was there. Dinner was put on by the hostel for €5 a head and was yummy so had my share and then went to bed for an early night since i had to get up early this morning to catch the bus (by early I mean 7.30 but in Spain that is early - especially when you usually don´t eat dinner until around 9pm).
Got to the bus station fine and went to get my ticket to Madrid for the 9am bus but found that it was full already so had to hang around for another hour before I could jump on the 10am bus. This is the first time I have ever had allocated seats on a bus and the people were a bit cranky with me until I figured out what was my allocated seat. The trip itself was boring and I quickly found the hostel (big shock for me since I seem to be doing the opposite of late) and because I had actually pre read my Lonely Planet before arriving I knew one of the museums was free after 2.30pm on a Saturday so I dumped my bag and went down the road to check it out.
I usually like all art - it may be weird, quirky or silly but I usually like it all in some way but this museum (Centro de Arte Reina Sofia - focuses on modern art) had a temporary exhibition featuring the artist Paula Rego. Some of her art was absolutely repulsive and I found it hard to stomach.
As for the rest of the museum it was all good. Had a lot of Picasso and Dali which is to be expected since they are Spanish. Have now come back to the hostel and am debating if I want to go out for dinner and a bit of a walk around to see the city centre. Not sure I can be bothered with the latter.
Boring blog I know but since I am not doing anything now I thought I best share.
Toni
Got to the bus station fine and went to get my ticket to Madrid for the 9am bus but found that it was full already so had to hang around for another hour before I could jump on the 10am bus. This is the first time I have ever had allocated seats on a bus and the people were a bit cranky with me until I figured out what was my allocated seat. The trip itself was boring and I quickly found the hostel (big shock for me since I seem to be doing the opposite of late) and because I had actually pre read my Lonely Planet before arriving I knew one of the museums was free after 2.30pm on a Saturday so I dumped my bag and went down the road to check it out.
I usually like all art - it may be weird, quirky or silly but I usually like it all in some way but this museum (Centro de Arte Reina Sofia - focuses on modern art) had a temporary exhibition featuring the artist Paula Rego. Some of her art was absolutely repulsive and I found it hard to stomach.
As for the rest of the museum it was all good. Had a lot of Picasso and Dali which is to be expected since they are Spanish. Have now come back to the hostel and am debating if I want to go out for dinner and a bit of a walk around to see the city centre. Not sure I can be bothered with the latter.
Boring blog I know but since I am not doing anything now I thought I best share.
Toni

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home