Hola everyone. Well I did go up that hill (very slowly) and it was cold once I was up there but it was worth the view because we just sat up there and watched the sun set. Later that night was a paella night at the hostel so I just hung out with a few people I have met here after eating the yummy paella. We even went a bit wild and played a couple of games of Uno. Fun (and late) night though and for once I didn´t go to bed smelling of cigarettes (they smoke everywhere here in Spain).
Yesterday I had to decide if I wanted to go up to Madrid today or hang around Grenada for another day. I decided to stick around but when I went book in I had to wait until this morning but its all worked out OK. I have now booked in to my accommodation in Madrid for Saturday night and decide how long I want to stay once I get the lay of the land. From there I will head up to San Sebastian and then across to Barcelona. San Sebastian will be more of a veg out stop but its supposed to be quite lovely around there so will probably go for a few walks around the place and take a day trip to Balboa to see the Guggenheim museum there. Then its across to Barcelona for xxx number of days (yet to be determined) before I fly back to London then home. Yep I only have a bit over two weeks left then its back to Oz for me.
Anyway back to yesterday after umming and arghing about what I wanted to do I spoke to a a kiwi couple I had spoken to previously who were going to catch a local bus out to a town in the Sierra Nevada mountains. They were happy for me to tag along and in the end there were five of us. Got the directions from the hostel on where we needed to catch the bus and went down to the bus stop to catch the bus out to the main bus interchange. First hitch was that there was a demonstration going on in the main street that was blocking traffic and we couldn´t see them from our bus stop so we were waiting about fifteen minutes for this phantom bus that never arrived. Decided to walk to the bus interchange - was only 3km so no big deal - but once we got there we found out the bus we needed didn´t go from the bus interchange and we needed to catch another bus over across the other side of town (it turned out to be about 10 minutes walk from the hostel). Once we got off this bus we weren´t sure where our bus left from so we wandered around for another fifteen minutes asking people (actually the other two guys were Canadians who could speak Spanish so they were doing the asking). Finally found the bus stop and had to wait another 25 minutes for the bus and then we were finally on our way. Was funny in the end and once we got up there we were so hungry we headed straight for the bar and ordered a drink so we could get the free tapas. In the end we stayed there for a little while and went to another cafe and had a bigger meal and then caught the bus back.
You would think that this would have been enough of us goofing up where we needed to go but we saw a bus that we knew went past the hostel and thought lets jump on that - only problem was that it was going the wrong way so we got to the end of the line and the bus driver made us pay again to get back. As I said before it turns out we were only about ten minutes from the hostel so we could have walked it but none of us were sure where we were on the map. Very much an adventure yesterday but we had fun and saw alot more of Grenada that we probably would never have seen otherwise.
Last night was a tapas tour night but you had the option of going to see flamenco after the first tapas bar. I had already seen flamenco in Seville but went anyway. Glad I did because this one was much better and I was able to see a lot more. Buggered after this and went back to the hostel and went to bed.
I have yet to figure out what adventure I will get up to today but since its cold outside I may just do a bit of shopping. Who knows what will happen.
bye for now.
Toni
xxoo
Yesterday I had to decide if I wanted to go up to Madrid today or hang around Grenada for another day. I decided to stick around but when I went book in I had to wait until this morning but its all worked out OK. I have now booked in to my accommodation in Madrid for Saturday night and decide how long I want to stay once I get the lay of the land. From there I will head up to San Sebastian and then across to Barcelona. San Sebastian will be more of a veg out stop but its supposed to be quite lovely around there so will probably go for a few walks around the place and take a day trip to Balboa to see the Guggenheim museum there. Then its across to Barcelona for xxx number of days (yet to be determined) before I fly back to London then home. Yep I only have a bit over two weeks left then its back to Oz for me.
Anyway back to yesterday after umming and arghing about what I wanted to do I spoke to a a kiwi couple I had spoken to previously who were going to catch a local bus out to a town in the Sierra Nevada mountains. They were happy for me to tag along and in the end there were five of us. Got the directions from the hostel on where we needed to catch the bus and went down to the bus stop to catch the bus out to the main bus interchange. First hitch was that there was a demonstration going on in the main street that was blocking traffic and we couldn´t see them from our bus stop so we were waiting about fifteen minutes for this phantom bus that never arrived. Decided to walk to the bus interchange - was only 3km so no big deal - but once we got there we found out the bus we needed didn´t go from the bus interchange and we needed to catch another bus over across the other side of town (it turned out to be about 10 minutes walk from the hostel). Once we got off this bus we weren´t sure where our bus left from so we wandered around for another fifteen minutes asking people (actually the other two guys were Canadians who could speak Spanish so they were doing the asking). Finally found the bus stop and had to wait another 25 minutes for the bus and then we were finally on our way. Was funny in the end and once we got up there we were so hungry we headed straight for the bar and ordered a drink so we could get the free tapas. In the end we stayed there for a little while and went to another cafe and had a bigger meal and then caught the bus back.
You would think that this would have been enough of us goofing up where we needed to go but we saw a bus that we knew went past the hostel and thought lets jump on that - only problem was that it was going the wrong way so we got to the end of the line and the bus driver made us pay again to get back. As I said before it turns out we were only about ten minutes from the hostel so we could have walked it but none of us were sure where we were on the map. Very much an adventure yesterday but we had fun and saw alot more of Grenada that we probably would never have seen otherwise.
Last night was a tapas tour night but you had the option of going to see flamenco after the first tapas bar. I had already seen flamenco in Seville but went anyway. Glad I did because this one was much better and I was able to see a lot more. Buggered after this and went back to the hostel and went to bed.
I have yet to figure out what adventure I will get up to today but since its cold outside I may just do a bit of shopping. Who knows what will happen.
bye for now.
Toni
xxoo

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home