27 November 2007

Hola everyone,

I have suddenly become bi-lingual (I wish). Apart from picking up some key words (not phrases) I have been mucking about trying to speak to the locals. Have managed a few conversations but its usually them understanding me rather than the other way around.

The tapas night turned out to be a blast. Met alot of people and after hitting a few tapas bars we went and saw some flamenco. Very interesting to watch and they really get into it. Finally got back to the hostel in the wee hours after going to a club afterwards and had the roommates from hell doing their usual zipper and plastic bag routine the next morning i.e. if there is a zipper on their bag they open and close it ten times and if they need to get anything out of their bag you can gaurantee that its in a plastic bag and they need to scratch around in it.

I gave up in the end and decided it would be better to join them and got up and went to see Alcazar which is like a palace/ mansion built about 500 years ago. Was very nice and spent about 30 minutes wandering around the formal gardens out the back. After this I wandered around the town for a couple of hours before heading back to the hostel to grab something before going out for a late lunch. Ran into a couple of the guys from the night before and we went to a few tapas bars for lunch.

That night was paella night at the hostel. €5 for as much as you could eat. Went a bit nuts but so be it - I love paella. Next morning I packed my gear and headed to the bus station since I was going to spend the night in Cordoba. The Mezquita Cathederal in Cordoba was the main reason for going and I was glad I did. The Cathederal was originally a mosque based on the main mosque in Damascus Syria. Its hard to explain but to see Jesus on the cross in the middle of what still looks very much like a mosque is a bit surreal. I thought it was great - Italy meets the middle east!! After checking around Cordoba I decided I was still a bit weary and headed back to the hotel (yes hotel - no real hostels to speak of in Cordoba) and grab a nap. Along the way I ran into one of the guys I had met in Seville and we decided to catch some dinner together later on. Which we did and it turned out we didn´t chose the best one - very ordinary food.

Got up this morning and did some further wandering around Cordoba and then went back collected my bag and headed to the bus station and jumped on the bus to Grenada. And so this brings me up to date on my blog.

Good for me.

catch you next time my loyal 2-3 readers.

Toni

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home