01 March 2007

My mum's cure all for everything from a headache to a broken leg (just kidding about the broken leg) is to have a shower and wash your hair. Sitting here in Singapore's airport (Changi I think it's called and frankly I don't care what its called) I would have to agree with her on this. My body is telling me its about 11pm and since I didn't sleep well last night trying to think of everything that needed doing before flying out I was feeling it particularly hard when I got off the plane about an hour ago.

BUT.... thanks to Lizzie D who reminded me that I could have a shower in the Qantas Club I am now only feeling sub human instead of the walking dead and feeling semi-reasonable about the coming 13-14 hour flight to London. Yep - its amazing what having a shower, washing your hair and cleaning your teeth can do for the morale. The only downside so far is that I didn't get to use my points and upgrade to business class like I hoped which means I will probably be back to walking dead status by the time I hit London. Fingers crossed I can sleep on the plane but since I normally don't I am not holding out much hope.

The only good thing to come out of not sleeping is that I am catching up fast on the latest movies - so far I have seen Borat, The Queen and the new Robin Williams movie about him running for president (can't remember the name). Re the last movie I thought it was OK but frankly I am not sure if they were shooting for all comedy or a half hearted thriller with some jokes. God only knows why I am giving a movie review but if you are reading this that's your problem.

Anyway better go and hit the duty free stores - one thing that they don't supply in the Qantas Club showers is deodorant (bummer) so I am going to squirt myself with some perfume to make myself smell pretty. Who knows I might even check out the moisturisers as well to give myself a mini facial. Before I do those though I might have a few scotches courtesy of Qantas Club to help dull the the senses before getting back on board.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hm, I loved your movie review. I think you should come back to work young lady.

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home